Have you ever seen a dress online that looked amazing but when you make the purchase it looks bad on you? Well, there’s nothing wrong with you, it’s just that you’re not buying the right clothes for your body type. Here are some useful tips on how to dress for your body type.
- Rectangular Body Shape
Without natural curves, you can use accessories and clothes to crate them.
- Wear your belt on the narrowest part of your waist to make it look smaller. You can opt for wrap and empire-waist dresses for the best look (i.e. black jersey dress).
- Look for tops that end at the mid-section of your hips. Accentuate your bust line and shoulders using pleated or ruffled tops. Look for accessories that add some volume to the upper part of your body.
- Go for underwear that provides enough bust support and defines your waist.
- Try peplum skirts, dresses, tops and jackets to create an hourglass illusion.
- Apple Shaped Body
- Buy clothes that draw attention from your waist. You should try wrap dresses, A-line dresses and V-neck empire tops and waist dresses for an amazing look. Buy tops that cover your belly and extend down to your hips.
- Don’t wear double breasted jackets, clingy silhouettes and bulky tops. Rather, you should opt for layered tops, tunics and ruched tops.
- If you’re top heavy, don’t wear straight leg pants or skinny jeans. Rather, you should opt for boot cut or flared pants with back pockets for a great look.
- Rather than wearing a belt around the waist, place it below the bust to create curves and make your waist look smaller.
- Hourglass Body Shape
With this body shape, you need to highlight your curves by choosing clothes that pay a lot of attention to your waist.
- Stay away from baggy clothes that hide your waist, bust and hips.
- Make sure your undergarments fit correctly. If you have a large bust, you should wear the right bra. Stay away from padded cups or unstructured bras that make your bust droopy.
- You will look good in pencil skirts, V-neck dresses and tops and shirts that accentuate your bust.
- Pear Shaped Body
- You should wear clothes that highlight your shoulders. That way, you can balance your shape and body figure. For this note, you should take advantage of pashminas, scarves and colorful necklaces.
- Go for patterned dresses and tops or those with embellishments. You can broaden your shoulders with puff sleeves, cap or bateau neckline.
- Stay away from tight pants, short skirts, capri pants or pencil skirts. Rather, you should choose tailored and flared pants. Additionally, you should get A-line skirts to bring out the pear shape of your body.
- You should always opt for brightly colored tops but your bottoms should be dark and solid colors.
In conclusion, any clothes you choose should always focus on your body’s shape and its advantages. You will feel more confident with clothes that bring out your curves. Before buying anything online, make sure you check the body shape of the model wearing the clothes to avoid any disappointments. Visit http://bluebungalow.com.au/ for the best clothes to accentuate your curves.